View Single Post
      12-07-2016, 12:11 PM   #15
tomtang
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3IGHTY View Post
Nice review Tom, looking forward to hitting the track with you again soon! I'm interested in comparing how the RS two's improve the F80. Any insight into the Pro version, whats different vs the RS Two besides an external canister?

-Ryan
Likewise, buddy! The dampening between OEM and the RS Two is immediately/noticeably better, the car is able to handle bumps with far more grace so that it's "easier" to drive (you can commit to more throttle in places where you would have been skipping over uneven pavement before). It also transitions better (more stable) when shifting load from left to right, and the car doesn't dive as much under heavy braking. As you know, I've only done 2 track days with the shocks on the car, so I'm sure I'll be able to make more observations with more time. I've already made minor adjustments from what JRZ recommended I start with, and found improvements. I think if I went back to T-Hill now I can run below a 2:00 also. Part of this is also because I had never driven on these Nexens before either, but we have since found their "sweet spot" in terms of temps/pressures.

As for the RS Two vs. RS Pro, the difference is quite significant (hence the cost difference) and I say this with experience in racing with RS Pro on my S2000. Having the external reservoir gives you a huge gain in being able to better control the dampening because you can adjust the canister pressure for "faster" response with both rebound and compression.

The only reason I didn't get the RS Pro for my F80 is that for the "every day guy" the RS Two is more than plenty, and so JRZ asked if I would use the same kits that they hope more people will be buying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Tom, I have a question about your toe link kit. I have the non-race version of the same kit on my F80 and one of the links has begun to produce some pronounced clicking at low speeds, particularly when going on-off-on the throttle. I don't feel anything adverse from a handling perspective but the noise is pretty noticeable and possibly getting a bit worse.

I had Hardrace heim joint parts in the back of my old e92 and they were silent. Wondering if my fall line kit is defective... Have you experienced any noise from your kit?
I also have the non-race version because I don't plan on tracking my M3 more than a few times a year. So far, I have not noticed any clicking noises, perhaps you have some dust/dirt in the bearing? Take a look, try cleaning it out and re-greasing. Maybe it's binding?

If that doesn't work, contact Fall Line and see what they recommend? Perhaps they'd be willing to inspect your kit and offer some sort of resolution. They're cool dudes.