View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 03:08 PM   #12
EricSMG
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke743 View Post
I appreciate the effort to verify, I'm very interested in what you come up with. Just an FYI, I was not blindly quoting other threads. I received these numbers directly from Ohlins.
Hey - no worries. I actually meant other guy who *seemed* to blindly quote the other thread without really understand the content.

In hindsight I may have been a little aggressive with that statement... my main point was that just because a number is presented in a forum doesn't even remotely mean it's accurate.

In this case, Ohlins is incorrectly calling the number they gave you the "motion ratio" as there is no possible way the motion ratio is <.50. What they gave you was the factor used to calculate wheel rate, most likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnks2 View Post
However, I think you should be measuring to the CENTER of the spring which puts it at the .59 I came up with.
Great post! And I agree with the above, which is what I did yesterday to come up with 6/10 = .60... so our numbers align. But as I said, I'll be very careful and measure center of spring and center of wheel and report back. I'm betting it's still right around .60... give or take an inconsequential amount.
Appreciate 0