12-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #9
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patronus86 View Post

Ezio, you are right, there is a lot more to cars than simple hp and torque stats. And yes, the ferrari 458's engine, though a v8, is different from the m6's. I know the 458 has a faster 0-60mph time, and though I haven't seen the f12 m6's nurburgring tracktime, I'd assume the ferrari 458 is faster due to the weight difference. So in terms of all around performance, the ferrari is better. All I am saying is that for much less money, the m6 offers similar performance...not better performance or even equal performance to the ferrari, but similar.

If I had the option and money to buy a m6 for 113k or buy a ferrari 458 for 233k, I'd buy the m6, because the .6 sec faster 0-60 time and the faster nurburgring time isn't worth the extra 100k in my eyes. This isn't an insult to the ferrari, just my opinion.
you are not seeing this correctly though. you are viewing a Ferrari with a very narrow mind. i dont know how many times i have said this to people. a Ferrari is about driving experience, not about getting a fast track time. although they are still very very fast.

Ferrari offers a more race car feel. it may not be that must faster over a M6.but it the FEEL of the car is on another level.

your statement about how you would buy a M6 over a Ferrari because of some 0-60 number and track number tells me you need to drive a Ferrari or any exotic car. because you don't understand what they are about.
Appreciate 0