View Single Post
      08-07-2014, 04:05 AM   #52
04RC51
Large Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelw9 View Post
I have been paying $34.50 every 6 months for Mechanical Breakdown Insurance from Geico on my E92 M3. That's $69 a year. You have to buy it when you first get your car and it's new. $69 x 4years = $276. There's a $250 deductible for each claim. It covers everything, there's no inclusion list. Best deal compared to these warranties by far, and the same coverage. These $5000+ warranties are a ripoff.
Well, what has yours covered so far? How has your choice been above and beyond the extended warranty offered by BMW? From the look of it, you have been paying for something while your car has been covered by your original warranty or has your 2011 gone over the milage/time recently? Can you list what items it has replaced?

Of course, if your car never breaks down or has an issue, all extended warranties are ripoffs. But when your E92 spins a rod bearing with 3 weeks left on the extended warranty like mine, it's money well spent. They are all insurance. But unlike collision insurance, we all hope to never use them unless they are about to expire and then we hope everything goes wrong so we can get new vital parts replaced to prolong our car's life expectancy.