View Single Post
      07-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #87
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
As a side note, I can't stand the upgraded sound system in my E92 M3. It isn't even in the same ball park as the Bang & Olufsen sound system in my previous 2011 Audi S4. I really hope BMW ties up loose ends with the F82 M4, not only in a performance category (usable torque without having to rev into the stratosphere and I am not lazy) but also in a luxury aspect (LED DRL's, nicer interior, better sound system, etc.) The M4 can't come fast enough for me. Like I have said before, I really like my M3, but I feel that I will love the M4. To each their own.
To me it has really nothing to do with the abilities or shortcomings ( are there really any? ) of my E90 M3. It's more that I don't keep my car past original warranty and I like something a bit different after a couple of years.

That said I spent over 10h in the car the last 2 days, all in glorious weather and many on open backroads and I had such a pang of early separation anxiety. This car is bloody awesome, the way it connects into your soul and senses is like a runners high. The new car will need to be exceedingly good to just stay on level, which I think (hope?) it will be. Everything that counts in the current M3 is superb, suspension, steering, chassi, engine, sound, seats, steering wheel, controls, tranny and overall feel. It could be the best 4 door EVER made.
Appreciate 0