M3orbust
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 srt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebiker View Post
I've been monitoring my IC reservoir regularly for the past 4 months/2,300 miles after my dealer did a pressure test and found no issues. Since that service (at which they topped up the coolant to the midway mark on the yellow marker) it dropped from midway to the Min mark within a couple of weeks. But has held steady since then (no further loss). So, my question based on a few of the more recent posts is: could the initial drop in coolant be tied to an improper bleed procedure done at the last service, rather than a leaky TMIC?
They probably did the bleed procedure once. It needs to be done about 3 times to get all bubbles out, or just drive and top off. You are good as long as the level stays.
after reading this (2016 m3 dct 31xxx miles) I looked in my resivior and fluid was right in the middle. not sure if it came topped off or not but i added some fluid to top it off. took off the top charge pipes to check with flash light and scoop camera pipes and inside of tmic looks so clean no residue, staning, nothing dont think a 50 50 mix will evaporate in a closed system but will keep an eye on it now that the op has me worried