04-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahbatage View Post
Maybe? It'd probably have to be a pretty small flathead and I imagine would take some force to indent it enough for the flathead to catch onto something. Any suggestions on method? I can only thinking of hammering a flathead into the bolt, but also fear it slips and ruins the hole threading or just breaks the flathead.
I'd just take a hammer and see if you can create a small indentation, just enough to get a little bit of bite. It's unlikely you're going to ruin the threads unless hammering directly on them strongly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahbatage View Post
Also a good suggestion, I just fear taking it apart again cause I had so many issues with creaks and noises that I finally assembled it and everything was quiet.. but of course I had to ruin that by snapping a bolt.
With how long it may take you to "figure out" how to do the first method, this might be faster. Once you get the stud out enough, you can use a pair of vise grips or channel locks to just grab the stud and spin it out if the screwdriver isn't catching very well.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
Sahbatage502.50