Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4toM3 View Post
I know... BLASPHEMY!!

I lowered the front on Eibach v1's and I've been very happy with the overall performance and general appearance. I purposely went with the v1's over the v2's to keep a slight fender gap in the front for just that little extra ground clearance. Also, I'm personally not a fan of the slammed look, especially on my daily driver.

With that said, I didn't bother installing the Eibach springs in the rear because the OEM rear suspension already sits very low and I absolutely did not want to go any lower. On a flat surface the rear sits with less than a 0.25" fender gap. On even the slightest uneven surface, the rear tires tuck into the fenders.

I know most will think I'm crazy but this is something that drives me bonkers about the car. Especially since it's rarely on a perfectly even surface outside of my garage.

I think the front gap is perfect at exactly 1". I'd love to get the rear to 0.75" to 1" gap, to match. I know this will exacerbate the front rake a bit but I'm willing to do that to achieve the goal. Anyway, I'm curious as to what options I have to achieve something like this without degrading performance noticeably. My first thought is thicker bump stops in the rear. Is that an option?

Anyway, just curious to hear thoughts on the matter. Open to opinions.

And a quick pic of the current setup, for reference...
I get what you're trying to do and it's your car so do as you please but it maybe quite hard to find someone who's done this.
Appreciate 0