11-06-2019, 08:50 AM   #16
DadVibes
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterZgo View Post
I know the OP has decided not to raise the rear. With that said, I wonder why everyone is so fixated on matching the rear and front gaps. As it stands, even with the rear at .75" gap and front at 1" gap, the car still looks way raked forward. You can easily see this by just looking at the side skirt as it definitely angles forward. Do people understand that most cars have front wheel wells that are cut naturally higher than rear qtr panels because there's a need to for more tire clearance since the front wheels need to turn left and right?

Additionally, do people realize that the rear tires are noticeably taller than the front tires? Stock 275-35-19 rears vs. stock 255-35-19 fronts are a good .6" or so taller in the rear. Half of that is .3" which means if you measure from the center of the rim to the top of the wheel well (both front and rear) it will measure virtually the same front and rear - in fact, the rear will be even taller.

I guess my point is people should stop fixating on the front and rear wheel gaps and look at the car overall and they will see that virtually all of our lowered cars are leaning/raking forward significantly already. You really don't want to further upset the weight distribution and handling balance by forcing an even steeper forward rake.

Even though I previously decided against going the initial planned route, this post still resonated well with me. I definitely wasn't considering this, as this is the first car I've ever owned that has different sized wheels/tires front/back. I haven't taken the notably taller tires into account.

And I do agree. Even with the current setup, there is some significant front rake. Pushing the front any lower would make that notably more apparent.
AlterZgo1537.50