03-05-2014, 03:40 AM   #17
bojanis
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328Ci, M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
i have been saying this for quite some time. the 335i owners are loving the new M4. because the M4 is much more similar to a 335i than a E92 m3. in fact they will probably sound some what the same.

i came to BMW M for this S65 engine. i love the high revs and sound the car made. for me its very very tough to move into a engine that will not give me the same emotion.
I hear you man, and do agree with you. I've always been a fan of high revving engines. I use to have Honda Prelude with a Mugen ECM and some other upgrades....rev'd 10.5k...not for long though . ....nevertheless, all the manufacturers that use to have high revving mills are downsizing and adding turbos and result is a lower rpm range. Must say that BMW did pretty good by keeping the revs still high enough. But, look, Ferrari did the same with new California T, Honda is doing the same with the new Civic Type R. This is a new trend and manufacturers are also pushed into this by harsh emission regulations mandated by governments.
Appreciate 0