View Single Post
      11-16-2020, 09:11 AM   #50
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

I did the front quarter "bra" but upgraded to the full hood. I was thinking the same about "that should be good" and "I can always fix the paint if needed" but...

1) some dick in a pickup gave me a nasty door ding and paint chip the friggin size of a quarter, and PPF might have saved me. Either way PPF would have kept the chip intact.

2) wide tires, which are needed on these cars, kick up rocks that chip door edges and rocker panels.

3) paint is a bitch to match, even with my Alpine White, since I have OCD and grew up at a car lot (dad owned). I can see a defect across the parking lot.

4) because of that OCD any edges of the PPF stand out to me, and the PPF adhesive does collect dirt on non-tucked edges. A full PPF has all edges pulled and tucked.

5) instead of a ceramic treatment and all the required hand-washing, with a full PPF you can just do drive-thru real scrub car washes. Just find a new car wash with clean woolies. After 1.5 years of drive thru I have no scratching on PPF or paint. If you want extra gloss add a little spray of Kenotek Showroom Shine on your drying buff after the drive-thru.