View Single Post
      09-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #236
gymtime
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by solstice View Post
Watch the first 7 minutes of this video and tell me that FI is a better choice for an enthusiasts car other than for cost and mpg reasons. I got goose bumps even from the sound from my built in shitty IPad "speaker"...

I'm optimistic about the new M3 and it's ability to deliver closer to NA response but an FI engine will IMO never be as thrilling or sound anything like an exotic high rpm, high hp NA. If Ferrari goes fully FI there will be tears of blood around the world, not in anyway neglecting the mighty F40 and it's FI engine.
I love the sound of my M performance exhaust on my e92. It turns heads.

Honestly the sound from the M4 sounds like a fart can on a Civic to me. I know some people here think that it sounds amazing and that I will get a lot of hate for saying that but I'm partial to high RPM, NA engines that don't have to play the engine sound through the speakers. As an enthusiast, sound is very important to me.

Obviously the M4 is going to have better performance numbers. Whether it's going to be slightly better or drastically (some people here are saying it's going to be on par with a 991 Carrera S) has yet to be seen. The part I'm wondering is, will it be as fun to drive? A 0.2 second faster 0-60 is not enough to make me rush out and get one just so that I can brag that I have the latest and greatest

Last edited by gymtime; 09-29-2013 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 0