07-15-2020, 12:34 PM   #12
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by greb View Post
On the previous M3 I had the stock intakes. I installed today the Eventuri V1 on the M3 CS.
Understood. Does your CS burble?

It does seem that most of the good spool sounding videos are either of front-mount intake drive-bys, or vids taken externally with microphones near the hood. This is where turbo spool sound is most apparent. Inside the cabin or behind the car all you hear is exhaust, because low sounds easily override high sounds. I watched a lot of vids before picking my intake and exhaust. The best spool sound vids have stock exhaust, no DPs and no burbles, with a front mount intake and blitz steel filters (which can have problems).

It's hard to find the good balance. I have a base M3. Got BMC drop-ins and charcoal delete, and got a little sound from 2-3.5K RPM with windows down, but exhaust valves open at 4K and the spool gets overrun. Put on hi-flow cats and a full AA Sig exhaust, can't hear spool any more. Added a MST under hood intake, got some spool back. Got a tune with burbles, can hardly hear spool. FYI all that is from inside the cabin, in the driving seat with windows down. Since my tune has loads of power now I mostly drive in Efficient for the easy throttle and dynamic valving that lets me hear the MST intake best. Sport and Plus are now for racing, or being show-off loud (I know, I'm still a 5yo).

Enjoy, don't sweat it. You own a CS! And it has the last good looking grill!!!