2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckM4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Don't purchase for some perceived resale value because you'll likely be disappointed. Buy what you want because you want it.
You see that is the problem, i dont know what i want when it comes to seats i have never seen cloth seats for f82 in person and while i like the looks of it and the supposed comfort, i like leather as well for its more luxury feel. i am just looking for small pros and cons to help me decide.
Sounds like the final step before making your final decision is to go see (and sit in) the seats in person. Not sure where you are located, but finding a new F82 on the lot with cloth seats is not impossible. You may even be able to find a used one as well. In my area you can still find some on new dealer lots. At least that way, you can make a truly informed decision

I have the cloth seats and love them, BTW. And after 42k+ miles they are holding up strong and still look essentially new IMHO. One other thing to remember regarding the cloth seats is the leather trim on the side bolsters. IIRC, the leather used with the cloth seats is Dakota leather, not Merino leather (others please correct me if I am wrong). But bottom line, the leather that comes with the cloth seats is more durable than the full leather seats. That means all things being equal, side bolster wear on the cloth seats should be better. Again, my leather side bolsters are in great condition after 42k+ miles...

Good luck...

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0