View Single Post
      03-16-2022, 05:09 PM   #38
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtskariah View Post
While we are on suspension... is the general consensus to keep the car on stock setup or MP HAS (for a daily driver with some track time)? I am mainly looking for little to no wheel gap, better stance, and improved handling. I keep hearing that a dedicated Coilover setup will always win in these cases. Is this not the case with the M4 CS because of the dialed-in dynamics? What do you guys think about putting in a reputable Coilover kit like Ohlins R&T in our cars (without considering any potential warranty concerns)? Would that be a bad idea or detract from the performance?

Seems like there are some very smart members here when it comes to our cars. Glad to know we have some heavy hitters to help us get things done correctly!
You can certainly throw on MPHAS - Not sure anyone really knows the exact spring rates, but they are similar to stock. I had it on my old F82 and I liked it a lot but I ran it quite low and it ended up really ruining the ride as I got into the 40k+ mileage range on the car. And I don't mean just from a ride comfort perspective, I mean it became a bit jarring and not confident since the dampers weren't able to properly do their job. Again, I ran mine LOW (like 2 threads left in the front and 1 left in the rear). I'm undecided on if I'll throw them on my CS, if I do they'll stay at max height and I'll use them purely for corner balancing. Pic on this post is after I raised the front a few threads for Seattle to give you an idea of the height I was running - I was also running -2 camber, so the top of the tire is tucked a bit so I had about a finger gap, maybe 1.5 on an angle. If you want to go that low and it's primarily a street/canyon thing, then I think it's better to go with a shock that is designed to run at that height (KW DDC or Bilstein B16).

CanAutM3 & jmg both had MPHAS on their CSs and felt it had a positive impact. And having height adjustability is an awesome feature to have when fine tuning your suspension.