View Single Post
      10-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #62
murrfan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5, 2006 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
My complaint was about the wheel in this generation not the E92 so your reply seems misplaced.

For once I would like to buy an M car from BMW without corners being cut and having to spend thousands on exhausts and performance steering wheels, especially on a car that is supposed to be BMW's pinnacle and most well known car. They can learn a thing or two from AMG and Audi in that regard.
I understand that but what I'm saying is that the steering wheel in the F80/2 will be just as different from the F30 Sport cars as the E46 M3's is from an E46 sport and an E92 M3s is from an E90 M Sports.

Also, you should know that Mercedes Benz charge huge amounts for their performance packages with power bumps and suspension that should be standard and a drive that is rarely as fulfilling as a BMW's. My brother owns a C63 and while it's a nice car, the wheelarches look very odd as they are only flared in the front and the aero aids are far less well assimilated to the car than on an M.

There's no doubt cost is a factor, but I'd argue it's even more so at MB or audi. These cars aren't and never have been 120k, I think for the huge changes made to the regular cars the value is there and the F8x beginning of the weight rebellion will great news once I get mine to laguna seca.
Appreciate 0