View Single Post
      08-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #2
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomicchicken View Post
So I've been searching and reading as many posts and comments about BMW's integration of CarPlay and it seems the majority of you seem to think it's a waste of money. I've never had a car with it but from my understanding is that Apple CarPlay have the same interface and functions support regardless of manufactures. Basically it's just an extension of iOS and just projects the interface on the infotainment display. What's so bad with it? Do you hate it because of the way BMW handles CarPlay or is it that CarPlay itself is terrible? Could you clarify why you think it's a waste of money?

Also it seems as if from 2019 it's now a subscription based model but is there any other difference between pre and post 2019 in functionality?

Thanks
I’ve had it across three different brands and I don’t care for it.

At least BMW via iDrive gives you the option to run everything through iDrive or CarPlay. On the other brands it mostly just takes everything over when you plug your phone into the USB port.

One thing I hate about it is it limits your searching of your contacts or music. But, you can still unlock your iPhone and get to what you want while driving (which makes zero sense). I think the maps are terrible as well. IMO it basically does everything subpar and I usually just bypass it whenever I can.

Last edited by minn19; 08-12-2018 at 11:23 PM..
Appreciate 0