View Single Post
      07-21-2020, 01:17 PM   #93
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

I'm centered on the wheel, no spacers were needed for the seat brackets. Pedal access changed a little with the recline + seat bolstering, but I should have no problem continuing to two-foot drive this car. Front is set to the highest setting, rear is 3rd down. I'm a little high in the car, I likely need to drop front/rear at least 1 hole each. Recline between the brackets and the seat padding seems about perfect.

I sized this seat for me back in 2015, and it still fits perfectly except for my helmet. I guess SA2015 helmets are a little wider than SA2010s, the SA2015 helmet is snug in the halo with the HANS anchors rubbing against the bolstering. Not a huge concern, the seat ages out next year so if I destroy the halo padding it is no big loss. My neck will have zero excuses for being sore given how much support it will have now.

I'm really looking forward to no longer death gripping the wheel and poor throttle modulation in medium-speed corners. Just sitting in the garage belted in with my HANS and helmet makes me happy. The ergonomics issues in the car are gone and safety got a major upgrade. Wasn't a huge fan of how fast the car was without a 6-point + HANS.

Now I just need to disable all the buttons on the wheel. I occasionally was hitting I think the voice command button with my palm on low-speed corners. Not a huge issue, just a minor distraction and annoyance.
Appreciate 0