09-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #22
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Turbo/335awd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Not to argue with you either but IMO that's impossible(or very very very unlikely), 113mph with a stock manual E9x is far from what we see everywhere, not like the 110mph from the 1M that's been replicated at more then one place.

As for the aero on the 1M, maybe it's bad, but it's clearly the engine that runs out of breath the real problem. I did a lot of second gear pulls against my friend on the highway and it was always the same thing, dead even up to end of my third where I start to go kind of easily and then shift in fourth and simply go like it was nothing. The aero would'nt play that big of a role at around ~150-200km/h, again IMO!
113mph has been done and so has 114. Just like you just said the 113mph is far from what we see everyday, the same goes for 110mph in the 1M. Everyone isn't duplicating that figure. Just do a simple search and you will see a lot of 107s and 108. The M3 puts up higher trap speeds overall and that is why it will pull the 1M on the highway. A 1M and E92 M3 driven on the same day, same conditions, same driver, will not have the same 1/4 trap. The E92 M3 will be faster.
Appreciate 0