04-21-2015, 11:51 AM   #60
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
owned and driven and tracked extensively GT3 RS with PCCB's for 4 years. driven steel rotors. driven steel and ceramic F8X on Spa and at the test track in spartanburgh. I can't tell. maybe you have more sensitive rear end than me though.

with lighter wheels i have been there and done that and swear up and down they feel lighter but its just a placebo. i thought same thing when i tried friends car with CCW's. swore it felt more freer and could accelerate easier then found out his wheels actually 3 lbs heavier per wheel than my cheapo ones. placebo.
Maybe the difference in feel is diminished driving on a smooth track, but unsprung weight difference is noticeable in real-world street driving to me. When I felt it the most was going over speed bumps, hitting potholes, turning onto and off of driveways, doing slow-speed turns in a parking lot, etc. The slightly higher weight led to a slightly more harsh ride on uneven roads and a slightly heavier steering wheel.

I suppose it's ironic that CCBs are marketed as a track-oriented option when anecdotal evidence shows that they actually can't hold up to the rigors of tracking nor do they provide much, if any, improvement in feel and lap times while racing. Yet they're much more usable and noticeable on the street.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0