ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX PETE View Post
I appreciate what is being done for the s55 platform, but really want to know how you go to the price point. I come from a long line of boosted factory and aftermarket platforms. In a market where everyone is lowering prices to be competitive and “make” it, but you have a $9k price point. It seems like, let’s add a little of this and a little of that in hopes no1 will notice the “M Tax”. Again... my opinion but talking from my purchasing experience.

I’ve a breakdown of some of the best products in the market I have purchased in recent years

Precision 6266 Ball Bearing Turbo $1700 each
Fabricated aftermarket Manifold (Full Race, KLm) the fabricated manifolds run from good $800- best flowing $1500

A full corvette Twin Turbo Kit $8-$10k. Good name brand parts and includes: Turbo, Intercooler, Wastegates, Downpipes, ic piping, bypass valves, injectors,and supporting hardware

Even If I gave benefit of the doubt and these turbos was priced as my examples.... how do you justify this price? They are nowhere near your MSRP.

TIA.
Its hilarious how you know nothing about the product you speak of, nothing of the R&D invested, the materials, the features, and yet you want to criticize the price?

Sounds ignorant.......
THEROK1267.50
hova001190.50