08-18-2019, 07:28 AM   #11
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Speed77 View Post
Thanks guys! Been working some racecar things out with the wife and I'm officially calling it quits on the GridLife season for this year. We have kid #2 due in a few weeks and with it being crunch time it's just not really the best thing for the fam right now haha. Timing is everything in life...

I'll be back at it in the spring though but at least I don't have to rush getting it ready now.

After the brief test session I had I think I'm going to focus on addressing the following for next season.

1. Brakes - definitely need to find a solid two piece rotor with an aluminum hat to help keep temps down for the front. This thing builds some serious speed on straights! I hope it's just the pads that are on the car but the initial bite they had wasn't great.

2. Suspension - I think I'll be able to get by with just camber plates, are the Ground Control the way to go? I'll want at least -3.0deg out of it. Maybe toy with a front bar if the balance gets out of whack going to square setup.

3. Tire - definitely need to be able to fit as much tire as possible. Really want to do a 19x10.5 square setup with 285s... Need to look into that fitment some more.
Re suspension, GC is the way to go. I got -2.7 camber out of my plates and I was being conservative. -3 is manageable. Only thing you may want to consider are coilovers. I got a set of Bilstein b16 Damptronic coilovers which still had me retain the EDC function for DD purposes, but still allowed me to corner balance and align my car. Night and day. One day I’ll go with a more hardcore static coilovers, but for now it will do!

You also should look at this website made by Apex wheels: https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002284493-F8x-M3-M4-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide?mobile_site=true

It’s a wheel fitment guide that discuss all the fitment ranges, esp squared setups.

I also asked about 285 fitment in this post: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showpost.php?p=24672362&postcount=178

It can happen but you may need spacers and an aggressive front camber.

I would go with a dedicated 18 inch setup, esp since you do not have the CCBs.
Appreciate 0