View Single Post
      09-25-2019, 08:01 PM   #11
xdew23
Rep
Drives: F15 X5 xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
What were you charged for in addition to the service (to be just under $400)? I'm a bit confused on the value of the BMW Upgraded Maintenance Plan if it doesn't cover all factory recommended service during its validity period.
Under the maintenance plan I received the multipoint inspection, engine oil service and filter, cabin microfilter replacement. ($606 at my dealership) I had to pay for suspension/wheel alignment and intake throttle body fuel injector service ($562 w/ tax). Maybe I didn't need to do the last two, but since I plan to keep this vehicle for as long as I can, I am going to do any recommended service within reason. With brakes coming up and any other unknown I think I will get my money's worth on the balance of the money I paid to re-up until 7/2021 or another 45,000 miles. I think my explanation should cover the below.

Estoril: I did not do a refresh, that would have just got me to my 50,000 miles. I did an extension for $1150 to essentially get a refresh plus another 12 months and 25k miles on TOP of the base maintenance. This seems to be the stance of the BMW regional warranty manager here around Chicago, according to the dealer. Although I had one dealer want to charge me the $700 refresh AND the extension, it's not necessary.
Appreciate 0