Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 F82 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by knepsterd View Post
Moral of the story
Never buy a car in tri state
You will never find a deal
Every car I have leased or purchase last 20 years has been 250 miles plus from NYC and not CT NJ or NY
Long Island is the worse
BMW Audi Porsche MB RR even Toyota and Honda
They know they have wealthy clientele so they can be rude and hold their ground.

O
The Tri-State dealership network certainly has its share of bad apples, but there are definitely deals to be had as well. The biggest reason for this is the sheer amount of dealerships within driving distance of any point in the NYC metro area. This is unless you want a Range Rover, whose four JLR dealerships in NYC/LI are all owned by the same company. Those guys can, and will sell Range Rovers at MSRP.

I'm not particularly averse to searching far and wide for deals. My current Audi was shipped to me from MA, but the process was such a pain in the ass. What should have taken a week took almost a month, my brand new car was delivered filthy with half a tank of gas and 150 miles on the odometer with bumper damage that somebody tried to touch up with non-matching paint. And nobody there gave a sh!t or returned my calls. I will typically only buy out of state if I exhaust every single option here first and/or somebody has the exact car I want.
Appreciate 1
knepsterd376.50