m3evobr
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 GT2, Touareg TDI, 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
So i can get an M4 for 70k and save around 110k and get a Panamera GTS,
who in their right mind is shelling out almost 200k for a beefed up/lighter 911?
Carlos, by your comment I would assume you're not very familiar with Porsches or with gt3 / RS iterations.

The only thing they share with a base 911 is the chassis itself. Up to this moment, engine, transmission, suspension (by suspension I mean the complete package eve uprights and geometry, not only the adjustable shocks or springs)
Brakes etc. So basically they are completely different cars that only share the name and 'basic' looks of a base 911.

That being said the reason why someone would pay 180K (which supposedly ow is the new RS price) is only because is one of the most rewarding and track worthy street car available on the market.

My point is that a lot of people on the forum like to compare performance of a gt 3 with m3.

Also to say that the price of the last 997.2 GT3RS that used to be just above 135k as a base Msrp jumped to 180K while the regular GT3 only went up about 10-15K even offering more standard equip.
997.2 GT3 RS (gone to a great home)
THE HANNIBAL VIDEOS
Appreciate 0