12-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #253
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
first of all.....love? seriously? that's the kind of unsubstantiated romanticized opinion that you interject into these threads that is just not relevant. I don't even know what that means. in fact, if you want "love", you should buy an amg or a gtr since those engines are built by hand by a specific engine builder.

second of all, you should consider the difference between an opinion and a fact. I, nor anyone else, has no problem with anyone preferring a different type of engine than the s55. none whatsoever. its great that you love your s65.

what I said was that it is not a simply warmed over n55. the facts and specs that were provided are the specific proof that they are not the same. that is not up for debate.

whether you want to consider the s65 "more different" that's fine. clearly from your posts, prestige and status are very important to you and that's cool, I get it. personally, I see no loss in status whatsoever from having a new engine that happens to have the same displacement as the 335i motor considering the performance will be completely different and fantastic and it will feature a whole host of tech.

that's the point of the m3 in reality. its not about bespoke engines. its about the best all around DD / sports car hybrid on the market. its about the chassis, the styling, the performance, the interior, the tech, all of it. it was never only about the s54, the s65, etc....that's why every generation of m3 was great despite having different engines. (personally I enjoyed the character of my s54 over the s65, but jmo)

whether or not you LIKE the direction of the new m3, or the motor is an opinion. that the s55 is not a tuned n55 is a fact. that's the difference.
ya like i said its not the same engine. to some people it FEELS to similar. that is 100% opinion based. sharing the same block for some people could be to much. does that mean they are wrong ? no.

you also gotta understand. styling, performance, interior, tech, AND bespoke engines. M use to make. so you got people here why like that kind of stuff. BMW M were making the same type of engines. then all of a sudden they dramatically changed there engine line up across the board. even non M cars did the same thing. its hard for me to believe they use to put a V10 in a road car.

i use to own a 2010 328i before getting my M3. i actually to this day miss that car. even loved the engine (believe it or not). The engine sounded good, and was smooth.

i have driven a few F30 328s. must say i was very disappointed. the car has totally loss all steering feel and 4 banger turbo is awful. even with a M sport package wasn't enough.

its almost like when BMW lost the "E" and went to F series they also left a bit of there soul behind.
Appreciate 0