View Single Post
      01-16-2017, 08:23 PM   #95
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
You're joking, right? There is already going to be many F80 LCI owners who are going to to be mad that there are new LEDs on the 2018 model. Think of number of strokes that would occur if BMW put the digital dash in...consider not offering the digital dash a medical intervention, then. (Although, I for one still want analogue gauges...and a manual transmission. I'll go back to my cave now.)
But even the M4 doesn't get the new digital gauge cluster. Or at least we haven't seen anything yet to suggest or confirm it does. Not carrying the digital cluster over from the 4 Series to the M4 could be argued as a counterintuitive move since the M4 is positioned at the top of that model lineup in price and other ways.

The F80's involvement in the discussion is really an anomoly limited to the headlights and perhaps other incidentals that carry over from 4 Series to 3 Series. Well, I say that assuming that the digital gauges won't fall into that category. On the other hand, given the parts sharing between the two, it is technically possible they could.

Edit: Ok, so the 3 Series is indeed getting the optional digital gauge display: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1344371. So you're right, this would have been just one more thing to irk those who thought their LCI F80 would be the ultimate in updates for that model. But since this is coming to neither the M3 nor M4, that potential major controversy is avoided.
Appreciate 1
KevinM2935.50