View Single Post
      01-27-2014, 11:37 AM   #168
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
Overall, I do think the materials and the layout are nicer on the F8x than the E9x. However, I don't think the "touch points" are nicer - I personally think the leather wheel and seats are better in the E series cars than the F series cars. I think of it this way - the E series car leather on the wheels, seats, etc. rates and 9/10 and the layout and trim may rate a 5/10. On the F series cars the leather wheels and seats may rate 8/10 but the layout and trim now also rate a 8/10. I think this is a common thing that we are seeing across all luxury cars - Lexus is a perfect example of this (older Lexus are more "posh").
understood. I just don't happen to have the same reaction after sitting in the car after driving to the show in my e92 m3.

I thought the steering wheel was about the same, and the leather material was a couple grades above what is in my e9x, it was immediately noticeable to myself and my girlfriend. I also noticed the very nice leather door handles (even in the basic leather package that was on display).

I do agree with you on the trim though.

Anyway, to each their own. Both are clearly great cars and very nice inside.