Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 Azurite/Opal DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92TiAg335i View Post
No bubbles in the line from what i saw. No leaks under the car. I didn't do the purge test yesterday as i just simply filled it and that was that. After driving, though, it looks like it's clearly depleted!
Dude, TopJimmy has said multiple times - do the purge procedure.
I don't get why you keep rehashing the same issues, yet refusing to follow the guidance from those trying to help.

My OEM TMIC was leaking. The way I knew? Recent UOA showed evidence of coolant trace elements. Around the same time, I tore down the top end to do a plug/coil replacement. While at it, I swapped out the cold side J-pipe and found that the OEM pipe had greenish residue.

At that point, I bit the bullet and went with the full Mishimoto upgrade - TMIC, front heat exchanger, and oil cooler. I've been running them for a month or two now and couldn't be happier.

Bottom line - these are precision-engineered beasts that deserve better than half-assing the diagnosis and treatment efforts. Verify the presence of leak -vs- no leak, and follow the proper coolant purging steps. Otherwise, what's the point in trying to tweak out max performance of a questionably maintained system?
I have done the purge procedure. Took for some drives. It it down on coolant.

"I HAVE A LEAKER."

I was just too busy this weekend with guests in town this weekend and forgot to say that i did the procedure.

In regards to the coolers— mishimoto is my first choice, but is out of stock for the next 2 months minimum.

Wagner— looks amazing, but i've found numerous threads on here (and on the F80 facebook group) stating that you need to cut the hood. I'm not doing that. Nope.

Garrett is the last reasonable choice for me. Not sure why this is not widely used/talked about as they're massive OE suppliers! I've, personally, talked to 3 guys who track their car and LOVE this intercooler.