Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post

So for me, I don't care about power, torque. I focus on the uniqueness of the way it's accomplished and thrill of the drive. Always felt that the S65 was the culmination of the S54, S85, S65 line of REALLY high revving engines and exciting transmissions and power delivery to the rear wheels. Maybe not the most reliable, or fastest, but cars with engines and trans that have you a special experience.

Sorry for the long opinion.

Cheers,
e46e92
i have been saying stuff like that for a while. simply put we have to many non M owners here right now. that really never experienced what those engines were about. to blinded by turbo engines to see that there IS in factor more to cars than power. sure turbo engines are great and all. but there is drawbacks. i would say people who own a 335i right now, are all going to be happy with the M4 engine.

its like a really rich and greedy person. its hard for them to see that there is more to life than money.
I used to feel that way and now realize they are the majority, we are the minority, which is ok. Different strokes for different folks. I hate it, but as a businessman understand why BMW made the switch: it lowers production costs, increases margins and increases sales as you cater to larger market. Forces people like us to make enough money to afford the GT3s of the world or to buy used

I own my e92, and drive it daily, but it is soon to be retired from daily use by a 3 year old 740Li. When the comp pkg comes our I will lease (first time I have ever leased) an F80 ///M3 for my company, and hand the 7 to the wife and her '07 X3 will be regulated to minor driving. I view mine as too special to ever give up, while the new one as a great car that I won't care about giving up after a few years.

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0