View Single Post
      11-29-2016, 08:10 PM   #24
chimp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4|2021 X4MC|2022 X4MC

Installed this on a 2015 M4. Lots of helpful tips here. I had no issues disassembling or keeping the existing lock mechanism in case of emergency. I did not have to shave down any part and it looks fantastic. Two issues however. First, the door handle itself became unhinged from the metal bracket that holds it in place inside the door. I accidentally grabbed the door handle during installation and that was enough to unseat it. I thought for sure I would have to take off the interior door card to reattach it but the clever chaps at BMW have a second smaller hole which allows you to take a long screwdriver, reach inside the door and reattach the door handle to the inner metal bracket. You can see that hole in post 12 of this thread. It is adjacent to the hole you use to loosen the Torx 25 screw. Second, my comfort access did not work initially. I went to the passenger side and the comfort access worked there. I thought for sure that monkeying around with the door handle earlier messed something up but I simply started the car, turned it off and voila comfort access was again working. I always find a way to take the easiest task and make it difficult. Perfect fit though and the Silverstone paint is a fantastic match. Thanks IND!
Appreciate 0