Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
in the past when a plug change was scheduled I made a point of requesting the removed plugs placed in the boxes the new plugs came in, with the boxes numbered according to the cylinder it came from, 1-6 (or 1-8 in the case of the M62). in order not to insult anyone, I gave a plausible reason (excuse) for requesting this: I wanted records of plug condition/color/VCG condition over time because I keep my cars beyond warranty, which is true. no SA or tech has ever resisted this or even seemed surprised. getting to OP's question (finally), I end up feeling pretty confident that the plugs were changed.
back in E36 days pulling a few plugs for inspection wasn't a big deal, but as others have said F8X is a bit more involved.
so involved that I have to think I hr 45 mins for OP's job is pretty optimistic.
fortunately for me at the dealership I currently use all the above is not really necessary, but I do it anyway because I really am interested in the color. I have complete confidence in the quality of the work I'm getting at this place.
Appreciate 1