08-21-2013, 10:59 PM   #100
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjt View Post
Indeed. The purpose of street driving is not to get to your location as fast as possible, it's utility first and fun second. Flicking a switch on my steering wheel while putting along, at the same speed as that POS Geo Metro next to me, is automotive ennui. I buy what I buy so that I can enjoy driving at legal or near legal speeds, while I get to where I need to be. To that end, a 6mt provides an experience that a DCT never can.

The only time I dislike driving a manual is when driving in traffic. But, buying any M to drive in traffic is like buying Bulgogi beef and cooking it well done. You've totally missed the point. If traffic becomes a problem, I avoid the traffic.
I think you and I might have different definitions of what "traffic" is certainly what heavy traffic is. Heavy traffic stretches from Tijuana to Ventura County including everything in between for hours in the morning, hours in the evening and sometimes all day on the weekends. When it comes to this kind of stop and go traffic the DCT is 95% as good as the best automatic. Why you'd want to bother with a MT in such a scenario is a bit beyond belief to me. Of course, to each their own...
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0