View Single Post
      01-14-2019, 02:50 PM   #122
WIKDF80
Totaled
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP

Love it. My wife completely surprised me with mine as well.

I had been looking at it on the lot for about 3 weeks, maybe a month. Surprised that it hadn't sold every time I drove by. I would always stop by and look at all the eye candy but mostly this particular M3. She called me once and I was on the lot and she told me there was just no way.

Then she picks me up for dinner one evening and we go to the restaurant and proceed to the back parking lot. There it was. Backed into a spot and although I knew I wasn't getting the car, I couldn't help but feel both a little sad and excited for whoever actually purchased it. I was just looking at it that day!!

As I was walking with her in the restaurant, I exclaimed that it was the car and she told me, "nah... it's probably one that looks like it". Well it had the paper plates and I told her it was the same car. She played it off to perfection.

As we approached the car and I looked it over, the car unlocked and I looked around and saw 2 guys out back having a smoke. I assumed one of them unlocked it and asked which of them had bought the car because I sincerely wanted to shake his hand.

When I got no answer and turned back to my wife, she was holding the key up and said, "Well I guess you did".

If I were to get struck by lightning at that point, I wouldn't have been more surprised.