United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
lol it does sound bad.

Sound is subjective as well as looks.

Some of you seem to get personally offended if someone has a different viewpoint than you.

My opinion is there is less and less that separates these new ///M cars from the regular 3 and 4 series "M-sport" models.
I really think if someone were to put an aftermarket exhaust on, like akra or something, it would sound really good. I watched a video with a GTR with an aftermarket exhaust it is sounded really, really good. I loved the engine of my E92 M3 for it's sound, but even the stock exhaust on my Cayenne S sounds better than the M3 exhaust. The Porsche exhaust is louder, has more presence and depth with a nice little rasp on start up. Wish the BMW came with a better exhaust stock. I think some one said that Eisenmann does the exhaust for Porsche and AMG (don't quote me on it) and it shows.

I am in the camp that really likes the new M3/M4. I can't wait to take delivery of my M4 and just the numbers alone (lighter weight, substantially more torque, even more hp) will make this a great car. I'm sold. Plus, HUD, LED lights, carbon ceramic brakes, updated design with hints of M6 and 1M coupe, nicer interior (though I don't like the new idrive screen as much as the integrated unit in my old E92 M3). This is going to be a great car. I feel that this is a step in the right direction from the E92 M3 and doesn't do anything to make the E92 M3 less special.
Appreciate 0