08-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #44
3XTR3M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufgtrs2007 View Post
I don't get it. What did we do before we had the S65?! I think it sounds good and I can't wait to see the final performance numbers. I'm waiting to see, hear, and drive it before passing judgement.
We had a 3.2L Inline-6 engine that screamed like a family of chainsaws caught in a fire all the way to 8000RPM.

If everyone "reserved judgement" until they saw, felt, drove, heard, listened, licked, the car in person, we would have nothing to talk about here.

I loved my high-revving I6s with the power curve it brought with it. I love my high-revving V8 with an even higher redline even though it's more exotic and less of a screamer. These are the things I love about all the M3's I've owned.

The new M3 will be different, thats for sure. I, along with many, might like it, love, it or hate it, or might feel that while it's still a good car, the values of the natural M car are no longer there. I really hope not but it's possible.

Either way, the M division is phenomenal. I'm sure the car will be nothing short of amazing, even if it caters to a new crowd and not the high revving, all the power up top junkies like myself.

Here's to hoping the redline hits at least 8k and the power is put down very linear and predictable like past M3s and NOT like 335s.