01-28-2014, 01:57 PM   #152
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland View Post
I'm a little bit surprised that a group of (presumably) adult men are lamenting BMW marketing. As if anyone expects BMW to not talk about their most important M-car non-stop until launch.

It's one thing to lament the dilution of the M-car, and if you look at the track record from the E30 to today, it's hard to argue that anything but dilution has occurred, but it's also worth noting a couple of things:

1) The F8x M3/4 is going to be as light as the E46 M3, so we're going the right direction.

2) All of the talk about the M2 has been focused on delivering a car that is closer to the E30 than BMW has even talked about in years.

Both of these are good signs, IMO, and we wouldn't know anything about them if it weren't for the BMW "marketing engine".

So true. Speaking of marketing engine.. as far as I am concerned.. this ENTIRE site is a BMW marketing engine. " Spy shots".... private interviews with M personnel... Moderators that know an inordinate amont of details about upcoming products... moderators that reach out to indivuduals that attend private events to have them do writeups ( i should know.. I was one).. etc.. oh... and did I mention the " spy shots" from 5 feet away....

Anyone tired of marketing should just stop checking this site, period.
Appreciate 0