View Single Post
      01-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #20
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShaddix View Post
Looks super sick in action. Does this shifter help eliminate or reduce a chance of a wrong shift (aka money shift) into wrong gears? What was your main reason for getting this one?
The F80/F82 version won't help you on an accidental money shift. The generic BMW CAE shifter has a "return to center" feature for 1st and 2nd gear, but for some reason, CAE decided to leave that feature it out. I was a little disappointed in that at first.

The reason I got the CAE Ultra Shifter was for the driving experience.

The suspension and things I touch inside the car are more important to me than everything else about the car. So one of the first mods I did to my F80 was to install a UUC short shift kit which I liked very very much. Throws were shorter and a lot of the slop was eliminated. The UUC is a good shifter.

When it came to the CAE shifter, I didn't even consider it on this car because I didn't want to be the first one to do it. But after DoctorFord installed the CAE BMW version on his M4, I chatted with him and I decided to pull the trigger. Around the same time, CAE released a model specific version for the M3/M4 and the M2, so that's what I ended up with.

That being said, I know this mod isn't for most people. There is some trimming involved to some plastic parts (nothing that can't be easily replaced), and more transmission whirring sounds becomes present in the cabin. But to me, that's a small trade off.
Appreciate 1