FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFromPA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitre_Absolut View Post
Let me see if I get this right, you think the best street car is a 10+ year old 70k Porsche, that you have to drive 10,000km to a shop in California to spend minimum 30k to convert to RWD for some reason.

I think this is a terrible idea and something you would instantly regret. Might be some dream for you but you would be wasting all that $.

I didn't understand this either and I just bought a 997.1 turbo as my daily street driven vehicle. (or at least that was my intention when I bought it)

But if you buy a 997 turbo to convert it to RWD, why not just buy a 997 gt2 in the first place. (albeit there were only around ~200 in NA). I mean, sure, you are probably looking at dropping $150k.....but if you don't wreck it, you'll get it back.
Lol, this is a dream scenario which I'm gratefully didn't happen based on the current economic environment. I think the few that BBi rwd conversions have done are over 120k extra but they include a separate ECU.

But there are others who have removed the front drive shaft for much less but from what I understand the electronics don't all jell.

The GT2 is slowly coming down in pricing but it's only available in 2 seater configuration.
Appreciate 0