09-30-2020, 12:55 PM   #39
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEROK View Post
Whoa whoa pump the interrogation brakes Mr Kubica. Please do indulge us! I'm just another dude who pays out of pocket to drive a car fast or slow or anything in between.
Haha, I’m Mr. Kubica?? Irony is lost on those in Gangnam. So bizarre when dudes get emotional on these subjects...

Wanted to understand if you’re speaking from any experience whatsoever, or just having a conniption after living vicariously through Kubica’s ring heroics in a fully track-prepped M4, which is completely irrelevant to my original suggestion and the discussion. You have no track driving experience in any of the vehicles being discussed, and you didn’t read or care to interpret my post accurately. But you went off.

For OP and parties who may actually be interested, more context for the suggestion that the C63 S is arguably more track ready in stock form, for casuals and newcomers (short of advanced pace):

1. Brakes: Stock E9X and F8X systems are not equipped for any extended track driving, in my experience. That includes developing novice. Between the pads turning to butter, questionable fluid, and the disc deposits (documented at length on the forum), both systems are insufficient. In equivalent track driving (drivers, pace, duration) the stock C63 S AMG experienced no similar braking issues.

2. Traction control: The E9X and F8X M systems present a dilemma in short order – choose between consistent and (eventually) frustrating intervention, or everything off. Choose the former and E9X/F8X issue 1. will be accelerated, and it could also curtail driver development. Choose the latter and you’re on your own.

The Merc’s 9 stage traction control system is an inarguable advantage. For proof, look at what M is finally doing with the G8X system.

3. Seats: The AMG Performance seats offer more track driving support and adjustment than any M to date. That translates to more focus, learning, and enjoyment.

Given the shoulder harness holes in the AMG seats, the potential for a 4 pt might be there, I’m not certain.

4. Power delivery: The AMG’s power delivery is less spikey and more linear, which will probably be immediately more “friendly” to the majority of novice or casual drivers.

This also plays into advantages 1. and 2. – the power delivery probably engages the traction system less frequently (certainly as the system is relaxed), which means less background brake activity, and the smoother powerband could better encourage novice drivers to progress through the 9-stage system as well.

The F8X is fundamentally a better track platform with a higher ceiling, of course. But it can't really live up to its potential in stock form for the reasons indicated. Even the GTS didn't get there in stock form.

Take it or leave it, just an opinion based upon experience. Others may disagree, at which point, obviously, I’ll just reference youtube footage of Lewis Hamilton thrashing an AMG GT-R and win the argument because HAM > KUB.

Appreciate 2
minn1914018.00
stein_325i25076.00