CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
I doubt is it tuned by BMW. Do you not think KW didn't already do that? They are probably just copying KW. Also, I think I read somewhere that the springs were made by KW.

I think it is just BMW wanting to get in on the action. The R&D has already been done, they will just re-brand it and warranty it.

For me though, I am not happy with the damping tuning of the shocks themselves, so I know springs will not help that issue.

I am skipping all sleeve kits and going for a true coilover when Bilstein comes out with their B-16 Damptronics
In the press release/interview it is mentioned that they are made by BMW and that the spring rates are adjusted and tested to BMW specifications:

Quote:
Q: What are the details of the M4 M Performance Suspension?
A: The M4 M Performance Suspension maintains the factory adaptive EDC function and uses your factory struts to retain adjustability depending on driving experience mode selected (comfort, sport or sport+). It’s paired with stiffer springs and a revised bumpstop tuned for better performance. It comes with an adjustable perch for height adjustability (from 5mm to 25mm drop). The kit is developed in conjunction with KW and it is based on their sleeve-over suspension kit. The difference with the BMW M Performance coilover kit is the M Performance Specific spring rates, bumpstops, and assorted hardware. As with all BMW M Performance Parts, the factory warranty is retained when installed by a trained BMW technician. The springs are manufactured by KW specifically to BMW M’s spring rates and the kit has been tested on a four post rig and fine tuned at the Nurburgring. The reason why retaining EDC function was important is because the take rate on EDC is 70-80% on the M3/M4 in the US.

For your reference, the M4 on the SEMA floor is lowered 20mm.

Previous cars: M4cs 2019 F82 Limerock Grey / M4 2015 F82 Silverstone / M3 2008 E92 Silverstone / M3 2002 E46 Carbon Black
Appreciate 0