No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
[QUOTE=F16RCE;19353326]
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremepower View Post
We recommend starting with downpipes and then moving onto a cat-back solution.

The downpipes provide a huge change over stock, in both Performance and sound. Videos attached below:

QUOTE]

so I am actually ok with the power and performance I have so will not be looking to improve in that area. also I don't want to start creating warranty issues as a result of changing down pipes and a remap. All I really want is a better sound.

So what is your advice? Just go axle back as the mid pipe makes little difference or go cat back?

Ideally I want a valve system but seems that the minute you go down that route you are really looking at $5.5k plus for a cat back system.

I was in the same boat. I settled for AWE full exhaust (stock DP) and at first I hated it. But then I got the BMS can flap. That changed everything.

Now,I blame my engine more than anything else for the sound. But when I got the AWE, I liked it when I heard it start up, but I hated how once I hit 4K the flap would open and it (to me) sounded like VTEC KICKED IN y0!

You get this DEEP ricer fart can "BAAAAAA" sound. Im just not crazy about that at all. To avoid it, I would shift before 4K. It made me go from a type A to a type B driver!

Then to the advice of another member here, I got the BMS can flap. That changed everything for me.

Now I keep my valves shut most of the time. Especially at cold start. The AWE with valves open on cold start is WAY to loud IMO. And when I dont care and want to be loud, I open them.

For me, I think the engine sounds like shit no matter what exhaust you put on. But I like the AWE with valves closed because its pretty quiet. And frankly, I would rather be silent than people hear it.

So I drive around in quiet mode and when someone messes with me, I'll open them valves up to what I consider a LOUD raw exhaust. The gurgles it makes rolling to a stop is awesome too!

Be warned though. Valves open is LOUD. But valves closed is very quiet. And having the BMS can flap to override OEM valve operation (and some other cool perks) by forcing it open, closed, or in OEM operation mode is very nice.

OH YEA. THE MQUEEF. I dont remember my stock exhaust doing this. But with the AWE, I can make my car EPIC FART aka "MQUEEF" SO hard I can literally scare the shit of people on the road.

If you build some good boost hitting the gas between 3-4K RPM and immediately lift off, the exhaust will let off the EPIC FART ripping sound. Otherwise known as the "MQUEEF"

It causes me to purposely do it to asshole drivers!!! Such as the million people who are texting and driving and drifting into my lane and such.

Ive been known to gass to pass these dangerous assholes, only to lift off my throttle exactly where my exhaust tips pass there driver side window.

The MQEEEF the AWE exhaust lets out is loud enough to startle someone like train horns do!

So with the AWE exhaust, you get great looks, LOUD AS hell exhaust if open. Dam near silent with vavles closed. With vavles open, you can make your M4 MQEEF on demand! Who wouldnt want to startle some asshole texting driver with that....lol

Hope my experience helps you choose. I highly suggest you dont buy anything until you hear it in person though.

Good luck!