View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 02:03 PM   #19
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I depends on the point of view. What attracts me to me the M3/4 is its dual use capabilities: practical daily driver and track toy. To me, the adaptive suspension further enhances that dual use appeal. The adaptive suspension on the F8X performs quite well on track. IMO, the M4GTS came with manually adjustable coilovers to appeal to a certain crowd, there's a certain ///Marketing into that too. There are many very track focused cars that come with adaptive suspension (the GT3RS comes to mind).
That’s right, the POV and use case matters a lot.

We’ve discussed in the past that you specifically keep buying M3 to drive to and from the track, while I moved to separate street and track only cars.

You’re absolutely right there is marketing all around when it comes to these street legal factory track toys, since buyers need to be convinced to get those instead of a used example of an actual factory racecar.

I am definitely in the camp that will find removal of rubber bushings and manually adjusted full coilovers more appealing than no camber plate + electronic adjustable stock dampers
Appreciate 0