08-02-2023, 04:49 PM   #4
Matt214
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2106 BMW M3 (F80) MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelAbel View Post
I'm scratching my head here and am on the brink of believing I'm trapped in a parallel universe. Is it possible that there's no DIY guide on replacing the thermostat for our beloved F8X? I've been scouring the forum (and pretty much half of the internet) for a few hours now, and it's been a fruitless endeavor. Aren't we in the age where there's a DIY for even the most obscure tasks? Like, I bet I can find a guide on how to replace the little light bulb in the glovebox, but the thermostat... nada.

As someone who's not a stranger to throwing a car on a lift and diving deep into its guts, I'm just a bit flabbergasted that I can't find anything on what seems to be a basic maintenance item for our beauties.

So, either I've lost my knack for efficient Googling, or there's a major gap in our DIY repository. If anyone has come across a guide, or even some pointers, I'd be immensely grateful. And if not, maybe it's time I make one?
I was wondering the exact same thing. I've done a ton of searching because in my case, I need to replace the mechanical waterpump as well as the thermostat and I'd like to watch a how-to or read a step by step but have had no luck finding one for the F80. I've been able to find guides for all kinds of other BMW versions of the '3' but not the F80. I'd like to know where I can get a copy of the service manual (ISTA) though, if it still can be downloaded somewhere.