05-21-2021, 07:04 PM   #49
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboyE92 View Post
Very proud of my better half! This is not her fastest laptime ever... but shows her confidence in braking and throttle application. The car setup is the most neutral it's ever been. She is still driving with full traction control on as the car is so much more eager to turn than it was before but working toward MDM. 131mpg on the front straight at NCM is C6 territory. And 70mph entry at Turn 1A is on par with my e36.

Her "driving coach" is just having her work on maintenance throttle just before apex and finding when to apply full throttle. Basically he wants her to max out the throttle application after every apex no matter how short it is... maybe just for a split second but the pedal should hit bottom.

To accomplish this he had her do some figure 8 exercises on the skid pad with no traction control to let her find the correlation between throttle, brake, and counter steer while cornering on cold and hot Toyo RRs. Through it all she also realized when the e-diff locks and how it adds grip when you want it.

Needless to say she burned through the rears! Wish I had video of that.

smooth and confident! Looks like a fun track!
Appreciate 0