View Single Post
      07-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #2136
figure99
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 - ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by figure99 View Post
Will do. Unfortunately I was not able to take the car home today, I'm not happy about it. I drove over 100 miles there and was told it would be done the same day, they've done it plenty of times before. I couldn't get a hold of the SA in the afternoon to check status on the install, so I went there at 4 pm and was told they couldn't finish it until Monday. He showed me the car, it looked like they had just started it hardly an hour before that... and I had dropped it off at 7 AM. At a minimum he should have told me around noon that they couldn't start it early enough for whatever reason so I could have driven home in the loaner and not wasted an entire day off of work. Better communication could have made the situation more palatable.
So I picked the car up after waiting through the weekend on Monday (at least this time the SA communicated throughout the day with me better, confirming a specific time that afternoon to pick it up). Anyway, I asked that the height be adjusted to BMW recommendations, 20mm drop in the front and 5mm drop in the rear, three times... when scheduling, when dropping the car off, and during the install after the first day (of which they had hardly started yet, see previous post). As soon as the tech pulled the car around after the test drive I immediately knew it was not close to BMW recommended heights. See pictures below... the rear was nearly slammed with the 'tucked' look, the car is almost squatting!?! The front is a little high, although not too bad. It looks worse in person, I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow. I told the SA I was not happy with the height and will reschedule the adjustment and re-alignment, however I wanted to allow it to settle for a bit before having it readjusted. I confirmed the springs are set at nearly the lowest height once I got home. I haven't measured them exactly yet, plan on doing that with something more accurate than a tape measure at work. To be fair, the original recommended SA I had scheduled with was not working the day I dropped the car off, thus I was reassigned a different SA... that's where I believe the communication fail was, although he was told twice about my preferred height! I'm considering adjusting the height myself, then having them conduct another alignment... we'll see how much time and motivation I have next week.

Regardless, the 100 mile drive home was fun... the car felt much more "planted" in all EDC modes. The ZCP car should have come with these springs, or at least non-height adjustable springs dropping the car to the BME recommended height with the same stiffness. I'll provide more feedback after adjusting the height properly and having it realigned.
Attached Images

“If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.” -Mario Andretti

Last edited by figure99; 07-06-2018 at 05:36 PM..
Appreciate 2
FSociety3812.50
shay2nak1070.00