12-23-2013, 03:53 AM   #175
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
You're avoiding the issue... The E9x became heavier than the E46, now we have a new gen that is lighter and has improved suspension with torque vectoring diff etc. To me those parts are E46 CSL like, the engine is a question mark as regards trackability. Which parts of the F8x is it that makes it a worse track car than the E9x?
first off. i just wanna make something clear between you and me. i do not think the overall car of the E92 m3 is the best M car of all time or do i think its some track king. i just really really love the engine (s65). and i feel the F80 is a move in the right direction for most people.

now back to your question. the only thing i think that would make the F80 worse track car is this.

-engine wise would be a turbo engine. having lag, or overheating. like you said its the question mark.

-everything else, i think everything is a upgrade in terms of getting better track times. i think what some might not like is FEEL. does the new car have a new steering setup? maybe to much computer aids like the GTR. stuff like that. things that will get you better track times, BUT at the rate of being a soul less car.

the E92 also might be more fun. just like how there are people who to this day feel the E46 is more fun over the E92. not faster, but more fun. it seems that has time goes on each new car gets less raw feeling. although they go faster around a track.
Appreciate 0