12-23-2013, 07:24 AM   #176
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
first off. i just wanna make something clear between you and me. i do not think the overall car of the E92 m3 is the best M car of all time or do i think its some track king. i just really really love the engine (s65). and i feel the F80 is a move in the right direction for most people.

now back to your question. the only thing i think that would make the F80 worse track car is this.

-engine wise would be a turbo engine. having lag, or overheating. like you said its the question mark.

-everything else, i think everything is a upgrade in terms of getting better track times. i think what some might not like is FEEL. does the new car have a new steering setup? maybe to much computer aids like the GTR. stuff like that. things that will get you better track times, BUT at the rate of being a soul less car.

the E92 also might be more fun. just like how there are people who to this day feel the E46 is more fun over the E92. not faster, but more fun. it seems that has time goes on each new car gets less raw feeling. although they go faster around a track.
I agree, esp. on the feel part. Each generation of car makes the driver feel more remote from the experience. One thing that happened between E60 and F10 (on every model in the range). And as you say, some still feel the E46 (esp. CSL) is a more rewarding car to drive. Hopefully they have made the F8x fun to drive and not just surgically quick

I get your love of the S65 engine, and no one can take that away from you! If that's the way you feel about it, then that is your perogative. Others might not agree, but that doesn't make your feelings wrong! The S55 will have to be a remarkable turbo engine to follow the S65 in how it feels and thrills. The S55 will be faster, there is no doubt about that. But will it be emotional and evocative while doing it?
Appreciate 0