View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 02:24 PM   #24
MyFragileHalogen
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continental02 View Post
I'm not sure what the exact power is for the GT4. My comfort came from knowing that my same drivetrain is out there racing each weekend and trusted to finish without issue. Even if the car is down on power, it's still overengineered at whatever level they're running it at and is proven capable of finishing 24-hour endurance races.
S55 is IMO in fact a pretty (impressively) stout motor such that only concerns for people running 600hp+ are SCH, cooling, and accelerated component/part wears. I think it falls in the same, classic 'pay to play category' like overclocking a CPU that voids warranty simply because manufacturer can only predict it's lifespan when it was operated within their design expectation. It might work long time and well, or it might fail on the next day depending on how it is treated.

I respect everyone's different choice. It's just that for some of us that potential SCH is still expensive and a headache, still want to keep warranty, want to keep the car longer, or simply fine with factory power level driving at track.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11488.50