Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: '20 X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDE92M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elisiX View Post
Interesting journey you took to get there in the end.

I had an F80 M3 Competition in 2017. It was rattly, uncomfortable and felt uneasy at speed. The suspension felt horrible. That said, I wanted to get rid of the wheel gap so I added HR Super Sport springs. It for worse.

6 months later I bought the M3 CS, which funily enough, uses base spec springs, not competition springs. It was like night and day. Compliant, smooth, even if sport plus. Rebound was also nice with no ‘jiggle’. Perfect really.

Then I wanted to drop the car, the springs in the front specifically as the CS has the biggest week gap known to man due to the staggered setup. I landed on the Eibach V1 and only replaced the front springs. The result was excellent. Zero change to ride, perfect drop.
And that is why I tell everyone, although it is hard to convince. That simple coding of M3 CS EDC damper settings makes a world of difference in compliance. As for Swift although they work the way they manage jarring bumps was a deal breaker for me. It literally cheapened my F80 experience. Now with the Eibach V1 I feel like I got the best of both worlds. Still enjoy driving and not puckering up every indent in the road lol. And love how we had similar journeys, but yours is a little more epic being an actual CS haha. And that's the other thing on my Swift only comfort was acceptable, after that it was just too much stiffness for OEM dampers. With the Eibach I genuinely enjoy all EDC modes.

JD
I think the point here is that you don't need a CS.

You just take these learning from both of us and pair the Eibach V1 with CS mapping.

It's just the right balance before going to coil overs.

2020 BMW X3M Competition ///M - ALPINE WHITE / SAKHIR ORANGE

Past: 18' BMW M3CS | 18' BMW X5M | '17 BMW M3 Competition | '16 Mercedes GLC250 | '16 BMW X5M | '15 BMW X5 M50d | '14 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0